Shanghai Steel (Chinese: 上海钢公司, lit. "Shanghai Steel Company") is a company that produces weapons and vehicles, including wanzers. Shanghai Steel makes an appearance in Front Mission 3 where a selection of their wanzers and their corporate website would be available to the main protagonist and his group.
According to their own website, Shanghai Steel claims that over 90% of the weapons and vehicles used by the D.H.Z. army and navy are their products. They were also working on developing wanzer-carrying submarines and wanzers that can operate underwater, which they claim officially that they have none created to date. Shanghai Steel is also said to export products to Southeast Asia.
- Qixuan 6 ('Chixuan 6' in Front Mission 3)
- Shangfeng 5
- Mk39 PT Boat
- Mingda 2
- Huida 3
- Shunda 4
- Type 13 GR
- Type 14 GR
- Type 15 GR
- Heavy Shield
- Mk3 Pack
- Mk6 Pack
- Unspecified wanzer training products (software/simulators, controllers).
- During Alisa's storyline, the main protagonist's group would be aboard a D.H.Z. submarine that was able to garrison wanzers. At one point, it was shown to launch wanzers via giant torpedo capsules with enough force to breach an area of a naval fortress.
- During Emma's storyline, the main protagonist's group would eventually encounter the Qinghuayu 1 which was shown to be in an underwater submersible form before transforming and landing for an amphibious assault.
- The text "上海钢公司" seen in Shanghai Steel's logo translates to roughly the same thing in both Chinese and Japanese.
- The name of this company may have had its name to "Shanghai Iron & Steel Company" at some point.
- Prior to becoming the 'Shanghai Steel Company' and being headquartered in Shanghai, the group were weapon manufacturers based in Shenyang.